It really wouldn’t be possible to tell whether or not you would be able to spray the cartridge polyurea spray bedliner products with your gun without more information. You would probably need to try it out to be sure.
The specifications on the gun supplied with our Rhino / Line-X Alternative coatings dealer startup kits (or sold individually) are listed below:
- Air Cylinder: 4″ Aluminum
- Air Valve: Built In Base Of Handle
- Length: 21 11/16″
- Mixing Tube: Length-11″, Mixing Elements-24
- Cartridge Size: 750ml + 750ml (51.0 fl. oz. total)
- Cartridge diameter: 3.15″ (individual cartridge tube), 6.25″ (total cartridge size)
- Ratio: 1:1
- Thrust Force: 1500 lbs. @ 90 PSI
- Max Air Pressure: 140 PSI
- Working Air Pressure Range: 90 – 110 PSI
- Air Input Fitting: 1/4″ Pipe Thread Female
- Compressor Requirements: 10 CFM @ 90 PSI (110 recommended)
A general guess is that if your gun can achieve the same thrust force at 90 PSI, it might work. ** The other requirements such as air dryer for compressor, full face mask and body suit, etc. still apply **
NOTE: The polyurea products require attention to details which do not affect the DIY coatings and are less variable in application method since they cure within minutes, not hours. If you feel you will be unable to set up an environment where you can simply spray continuously a full cartridge, the DIY option may be more suitable.
If you would like to try a case of the cartridge products to try your current spray gun, you can simply select our Rhino / Line-X Alternative Polyurea Spray Coatings from our online store. A case of 6 cartridges would be 2.4 gallons, which is sufficient for most full size truck bed applications. The cartridges actually end up a little less expensive than the DIY coatings per gallon.
Always feel free to get in touch with Diamondback Linings Sales Support directly at: 1-855-545-4900 (ext. 902) for any additional questions